How to Ride
Take the Fixed Route
The bus stops at 14 designated stops in Hood River and one each in Odell, Parkdale, The Dalles, and Cascade Locks.
Call to request a pick up and drop off anywhere in Hood River County. Please schedule by 5pm on the business day before your trip. (541) 386-4202
Get ADA Assistance
Dial-a-Ride trips scheduled by ADA-eligible riders get priority.
- You’re eligible for ADA service if your disability prevents you from using the fixed route buses. This service only operates within .75 miles of the Hood River Fixed Route and only to people who are ADA eligible. All of our buses are accessible to those with mobility impairments and all drivers are trained to help riders with disabilities.
- With this service we will provide you a door-to-door ride anywhere within this area or to a designated transfer point where you can go on to catch services to the Upper Valley, The Dalles, White Salmon/Bingen, or Portland.
- If you live in Hood River and would like to use our ADA services, please fill out the eligibility application or give us a call.
Request Reasonable Accommodation
Any rider can request a reasonable modification to our policies, procedures, or practices if it allows them to use or better access our services. Please make these in advance so we have time to honor your request.
Flag Us Down
See us coming but can’t spot a bus stop? Flag us down and we’ll pick you up. Just make sure you’re on the correct side of the road.
- Can I bring my service animal?
Yes! Service and guide animals are allowed on all of our buses. Other animals are allowed if they are in a confined carrying container.
- Can I bring my bike?
Yes! All of our buses have safe and easy-to-use bike racks and all of our drivers are able to help you use them.
- Can my kids ride alone?
Kids 10 and younger ride for FREE with a paying passenger. Kids 11 and older may ride without an adult but must pay a fare.
- How do I flag down a bus?
If you see a bus on a fixed route but can’t quickly get to a designated stop, you can wave to tell the bus driver you’d like a pick up. Be sure to stand on the correct side of the road near a safe place for the bus driver to pull over.
- What are the rider ground rules?
We’ve outlined a number of rules but they all essentially say the same thing: be a good human.
- A valid and correct fare is required.
- Give up your seat for a senior or person with a disability.
- Don’t threaten or intimidate riders or drivers.
- Don’t be so loud that you disturb others.
- Practice safety: don’t block the aisles or doors with bags, strollers, or other large objects.
- Keep food and drinks in closed containers.
- No smoking on CAT property, in vehicles, or facilities.
See our full Rider Conduct Policy and Appeals Procedure.
- Do you have tips for staying safe?
Yes! Here’s what you should keep in mind when riding the bus.
- Don’t run across traffic or in front of a bus unless it is stopped at a red light.
- In the evenings, wear light-colored clothing, reflectors, or lights.
- Hold on to a seat or handrail while the bus is in motion.
- Keep track of your belongings while you’re onboard and be sure to secure your smartphone or tablet when you’re near the doors.
- Are there special accommodations for people with disabilities?
Yes! All of our buses are wheelchair accessible and all of our drivers are trained to assist people with disabilities. We also offer door-to-door ADA rides. Learn more here.
- Do you operate when the weather is bad?
Our number one concern is the safety of all riders. So when it’s snowing, extremely foggy, there’s freezing rain, or any other type of extreme weather we may delay of suspend our services.
We do our best to update this site with route modifications, but please call us if you have further questions.
- Do you close for holidays?
We observe nine national holidays by closing all CAT services.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday
- Christmas Day
Note: when a holiday falls on a Sunday, we are closed the following Monday. If a holiday falls on a Saturday, we will be closed the Friday before.
All of our buses have WiFi capabilities. The small buses have only 500MB of 4G data and the big bus (connect to: CAT_Unlimited) has unlimited data. All WiFi is free.
Connect to: CAT_Wifi