Dial-a-Ride* is a transportation service for those who live away from standard fixed-route transit and want to schedule a custom pickup and drop off within Hood River County. It’s ideal for getting to medical appointments, work, school, the grocery store, or any other general needs. DAR is available to anyone and can be especially useful for seniors and people with disabilities.
- Provided on a first-come, first-serve basis; please note that we do our utmost to accommodate requests but are not always able to serve everyone.
- Dial-a-Ride must be scheduled at least one day in advance.
Dial-a-Ride fares (within Hood River County):
To use Dial-a-Ride:
Please schedule your ride at least one day in advance by calling (541) 386-4202.
Dial-a-Ride Service Area in Hood River
ADA Complementary Paratransit Assistance
CAT’s ADA Paratransit service* offers door-to-door custom pickup and drop off transportation within Hood River County. This service is provided to eligible riders who have trouble using fixed-route services.
- Apply for CAT ADA eligibility at rideCATbus.org/special-services.
- Pickup and drop-off points must be within 3/4 of a mile of the Hood River City fixed route.
- All CAT buses are accessible to those with mobility impairments and all drivers are trained to help riders with disabilities. (Note: If you require assistance entering and exiting your home or other buildings a caretaker will need to accompany you on your trip.)
- CAT also provides rides to designated transfer points with connections to service to the Upper Valley, The Dalles, White Salmon/Bingen, Cascade Locks, or Portland.
ADA fares (within Hood River County):
- $2—Individual-ride regular fares***
- $1—with regular GOrge Pass***
- Free—with Dial-a-Ride GOrge Pass**
To use ADA Transit:
- Complete the ADA Transit eligibility application at rideCATbus.org/special-services or call
- Service is available during the same hours and days that the Hood River City fixed route or Hood River Weekend Trolley fixed routes operate.
- To schedule your ride call CAT at (541) 386-4202.
By-Reservation Medical Shuttle to Portland
CAT now offers a first-come first-serve reservation- only shuttle service from the Gorge to various medical services facilities in the Portland Metro area. The purpose of these trips can be to access medical services or to visit loved ones who are receiving medical care in Portland.
- Shuttle is available from Hood River, Wasco, Klickitat, and Skamania counties. (Transfers may be necessary.)
- Operating days are Tuesday and Thursday with the earliest drop off in Portland at 9:45am and latest pickup in Portland at 3:30pm.
Medical Shuttle Fares
- $20—Individual fares each way***
- Fare does not include transit to or from the pick-up points in Wasco or Hood River Counties.
- Medical Shuttle fares are not covered by the DAR GOrge Pass or the regular GOrge Pass.
To use the Medical Shuttle:
- Riders may book up to two months in advance, but should schedule at least two weeks in advance. Bookings made less than two weeks in advance are dependent on driver availability.
- If the passenger requires a caretaker, then the caretaker may ride for free.
To schedule your ride:
Reasonable Accommodation Request
To request a reasonable modification or accommodation for an individual with a disability please call (541) 386-4202.
*NOTE: ADA transport takes priority over non-ADA Dial-a-Ride transport services.
**DAR GOrge Passes are not available for purchase online or by phone and must be purchased at the CAT office at 224 Wasco Loop in Hood River during office hours.
***Prepaid individual-fare tickets and digital GOrge Passes are available for purchase online at rideCATbus.org or at the CAT office at 224 Wasco Loop, Hood River.