Dial-A-Ride is a transportation service for those who live away from standard fixed-route transit and want to schedule a custom pickup and drop off within City of Hood River or Cascade Locks. It’s ideal for getting to medical appointments, work, school, the grocery store, or any other general needs. CAT’s Dial-A-Ride service is available to anyone and can be especially useful for seniors and people with disabilities. If a rider who lives in the Upper Valley needs custom pick up or drop offs please use the Upper Valley deviated fixed route.
- Provided on a first-come, first-serve basis; please note that we do our best to accommodate requests but are not always able to serve everyone.
- Dial-A-Ride must be scheduled at least one day in advance. We cannot accommodate same day rides or changes. Rides are scheduled based on current availability. Once you have made your ride reservation, you will be given a 30-minute window in which to expect your driver.
- To review our Wheelchair Securement Policy, please click here.
- Available within Hood River County (based on availability) Monday-Friday between 8:15am-4:45pm (excluding holidays).
Dial-A-Ride fares (within Hood River County):
To use Dial-a-Ride:
Please schedule your ride at least one day in advance by calling (541) 386-4202. Reservations are only taken Monday-Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All other appointments made after hours can be left on the voice mail and they will be returned the following morning. If leaving a message outside of the Monday-Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. hours, provide the following information when requesting a ride:
- Name, address, and phone number.
- Pick-up address.
- Destination name, address, and phone number.
- Desired pick-up, appointment—if applicable, and return times.
- Whether you will be traveling with a Personal Care Attendant (PCA), service animal, and/or guest(s).
- Any assistive equipment you, your PCA, or your guest(s) may be using.
- Any special directions: how to find locations, a specific entrance you will be at, etc.
ADA Complementary Paratransit
ADA Complementary Paratransit service offers door-to-door custom pickup and drop off transportation in the City of Hood River for eligible riders who have trouble using fixed-route services outside of the Dial-A-Ride service hours. Additionally, participants of CAT’s ADA Complementary Paratransit program receive priority over all other Dial-A-Ride trips.
You’re eligible for ADA Complementary Paratransit service if your disability prevents you from using the Hood River City or Hood River Connect fixed route bus services. To confirm eligibility you and your doctor must complete the ADA Complementary Paratransit Eligibility Application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 224 Wasco Loop, Hood River OR 97031. ADA complementary paratransit service is available to visitors on the same basis as it is provided to eligible riders. “On the same basis” means under all the same conditions, service criteria, etc., without distinction. For the period of a visit [and at least 21 days in any 365 day period, per 49 CFR Section 37.127(e)], the visitor is treated exactly like an eligible local user. If visitors wish to use this service they must contact the CAT office and submit applicable documentation.
Once a rider makes the request, CAT will provide all information about the process, materials necessary to apply for eligibility, and notices and determinations concerning eligibility in accessible formats. If, a decision has not been made within 21 days following the submission of a complete application, CAT will treat the applicant as eligible and will provide service until and unless the application is denied. Once determination concerning the eligibility has been made CAT will provide a letter to applicant. For more information about CAT’s complaint procedures and ADA plan please click here.
ADA Complementary Paratransit fares:
- $2—Individual-ride regular fares***
- $1—with regular GOrge Pass***
- Free—with Dial-a-Ride GOrge Pass**
To use CAT’s ADA Complimentary Paratransit Program:
- Pickup and drop-off points must be within 3/4 of a mile of the Hood River City or Hood River Connect fixed routes. Service is available everyday when the Hood River City or Hood River Connect routes operates during the same hours and days of the week.
- Reservations are only taken Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For next day service on Saturday or Sunday, please call on Friday by 5:00 p.m. All other appointments made after hours can be left on the voice mail and they will be returned the following weekday morning.
- To schedule your ride call CAT at (541) 386-4202 at least one day in advance. We cannot accommodate same day rides or changes. Rides are scheduled based on current availability. Once you have made your ride reservation, you will be given a 30-minute window in which to expect your driver.
Custom Pick Up & Drop Off on Upper Valley Route
To schedule an appointment for custom pick up services on Upper Valley routes, please call (541) 386-4202. Service is available during the operating hours for those routes for all passengers wanting to travel within custom pick up zone on the Upper Valley Route on a first come, first served basis. Details on the schedule is available by visiting Upper Valley.
Reservations are only taken Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All other appointments made after hours can be left on the voice mail and they will be returned the following morning.
Portland Medical Schedule
Book a ride in advance on the Portland Medical Shuttle. CAT offers a first-come first-serve reservation-only shuttle service from the Gorge to medical services facilities (some restrictions apply) in the Portland Metro area. The purpose of these trips can be to access medical services or to visit loved
ones who are receiving medical care in Portland.
- Available from Hood River and Wasco Counties, with connections to Skamania and Klickitat counties.
- Runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:15am-5:30pm, with the earliest drop off in Portland at 9:45am and
latest pickup in Portland at 3:30pm.
- Individual fares $20 each way.
- Fare does not include transit to or from the pickup points in Wasco or Hood River Counties.
- Medical Shuttle fares are not covered by the DAR GOrge Pass or the regular GOrge Pass.
HOW TO RIDE
- May book up to two months in advance but should schedule at least two weeks in advance.
- If the passenger needs a caretaker (this includes any individual who is helping the rider get on/off the bus and to their appointment), the caretaker rides for free. Small children needing to travel with the parent to the appointment may also ride for free. When calling to make your reservation, please let us know if you have a caretaker or small children traveling with you.
- To schedule: In Hood River County call CAT at (541) 386-4202; In The Dallas call The Link at (541) 296-7595.