Hood River, Oregon, U.S.A
CAT has expanded the number of routes for the Columbia Gorge Express (CGE), providing service from the Columbia Gorge to Portland and back. The CGE will provide service from The Dalles, Hood River, Cascade Locks, Multnomah Falls, and Portland. Check out the new extended CGE schedule at rideCATbus.org .
Taking CAT to Multnomah Falls
Transit is still the best way to visit Multnomah Falls. CAT has partnered with the Oregon Department of Transportation, Recreation.gov, and the US Forest Service to offer an easy transit reservation system that will help manage crowd size and ensure equitable and car-free access to Multnomah Falls and the Historic Lodge.
• Reservations are required and can be booked by visiting rideCATbus.org or calling (541)386-4202 at least one day in advance. (Same-day reservations are also offered
but are subject to space availability.)
• The CGE provides access to the Falls from Gateway Transit Center 8x per day and from Cascade Locks and Hood River 3x per day.
• Find the schedule for CGE trips to Multnomah Falls at rideCATbus.org.
• With your reservation to the Falls your CAT driver will provide you with a Multnomah Falls entry ticket valid for the time of your visit.
• Get a detailed map of Multnomah Falls and the Lodge here.
• For the safety of customers and staff, CAT requires all riders to wear a face covering on the bus. Use the following links for additional information on COVID-19 procedures for CAT, the US Forest Service, and Multnomah Falls and the Multnomah Falls Lodge.
Enjoy Some End-of-Summer Travel with Day-long or Overnight Excursions to the Gorge
Board the Columbia Gorge Express for a bit of end-of-summer travel and enjoy a day out or an overnight trip to the Columbia Gorge. CAT has created some Gorge outing suggestions that include taking transit for a leisurely lunch and a bit of winetasting, playing on the River, visiting Multnomah Falls, grabbing some ice cream and taking a walk along the waterfront, and more—all with detailed transit times and routes that make it easy to plan your trip.
To check out these special transit outings visit here.
CAT is All About Safety: CAT’s Covid-19 Safety Precautions
For the safety of customers and staff, CAT requires all riders to wear a face covering on the bus.
Visit here for more information on CAT’s COVID-19 safety precautions.
For comments, questions, or concerns please call (541) 386-4202 or email us at email@example.com;
Hood River County Transportation District provides public transportation in Hood River County under the name of Columbia Area Transit (CAT). We are a Special District organized under Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 267. Our major sources of funding include grants from the Federal Transit Administration, several different sources from the State of Oregon, local property tax, and user fees. The District was formed by a vote of Hood River County Residents in 1993.