Visiting the Gorge
Know Before You Go
- Ready Set Gorge: plan, prepare and know what’s open before you go.
- Visitor Sites Status: find out which recreation sites are open.
- Gorge Current: for up-to-date event listings throughout the Gorge.
- Permits for Visiting the Gorge: find details for visit Multnomah Falls and the Gorge Waterfall Corridor.
Plan Your Trip
- Columbia River Gorge: explore where to go, what to do.
- Gorge Trip Ideas: discover the charms of the Gorge’s small towns.
- Hood-Gorge: all things good on the South side of the Columbia River and the mountain.
- Experience Washington: all things good on the north side of the Columbia River.
- Columbia Gorge Car Free: explore by foot, bike, bus, or train.
Transit in the Gorge
Going by transit is the easy way to get around the Gorge without the hassles of driving, parking, and arranging for permits.
- Columbia Gorge Express: Easy travel to and from Portland, with stops along the way (like Multnomah Falls).
- One-Day Gorge Transit Pass and the Annual GOrge Pass: Transit options for one-day or one year to save you time and money
- Columbia Area Transit (CAT): travel in Hood River County, to and from Portland and points between, to Dog Mountain in the summer, and to and from Mt. Hood Recreation area in the winter.
- The Link: travel in The Dalles and Wasco County.
- Skamania County Transit: travel throughout Skamania County.
- Mt. Adams Transportation Service (MATS): travel in Klickitat County.